Miriam Lanham | Director
As the director of Bambini Speech Therapy, I am passionate to see all children on the Sunshine Coast have an opportunity to communicate with their families, teachers, peers and significant others in their world. I believe communication is a basic human right and it is not confined just to verbal words. With this vision, I endevour to provide high quality services to children and their families that are focused on the child’s interests and tailored to their individual needs. I believe that all significant people in the child’s world have a pivitol role to play in advocating for their right to be able to communicate. Therefore, I work closely with families, carers and teachers to develop family centered goals and realistic outcomes. I believe in celebrating all gains no matter how big or small and seek to help my clients reach their maximum potential as they achieve the best possible communication outcomes!
Cammy Griffin | Speech Pathologist
Elise Cudmore | Speech Pathologist
Libby Chester | Allied Health Assistant | 3rd Year Speech Pathology student
Kristie Carter | Allied Health Assistant | 3rd Year Occupational Therapy student
Jessica De Luchi | Allied Health Assistant | 4th Year Speech Pathology student
Sue Seymour | Finance
Photos Coming Soon…
Megan McClenaghan | Allied Health Assistant | 1st Year Occupational Therapy student
Rochelle Montibeler | Allied Health Assistant | 3rd Year Nursing student
Riordon Turner | Allied Health Assistant | 3rd Year Speech Pathology student
Alika Manj | Allied Health Assistant | 3rd Year Speech Pathology student
Brooke Richardson | Allied Health Assistant | 4th Year Speech Pathology student
Hannah Moloney | Allied Health Assistant | 4th Year Speech Pathology student
Roxanne | Speech Pathologist
Client Care Team
Katherine | Client Care Team
Dolores Ryan | Client Care Team
Across our team we hold certifications or recognition in attending training for the following therapy programs:
- Hanen – (It Takes Two To Talk) for young children with language delays or who are late to talk.
- Hanen – (More Than Words Program) for young children ages 5 years and under with Autism Spectrum Disorder and social communication impairments.
- PECS – (Picture Exchange Communication System) – a unique augmentative/alternative communication intervention resource for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and related developmental disabilities who have difficulty with spoken words.
- PROMPT – (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Motor Phonetic Targets) is a dynamic tactile method of treatment for motor speech disorders (typically used to treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech), which is based on touch pressure, kinesthetic and proprioceptive cues to a patient’s articulators (jaw, tongue, lips) to manually guide him or her through a targeted word, phrase, or sentence.
- DIR Floortime – Developmental Individual Difference Relationship Based Model -focuses on promoting help for children to reach milestones in their emotional development by encouraging the child to interact with his/her parents and others through play.
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding for Fussy Eaters and Problem Feeders
- KCS – Key Concept Sign (formally known as Makaton). Key word signing uses a core vocabulary of specially selected words that comprise concepts and ideas considered to be the most appropriate for children and adults with communication and language difficulties. Each word (concept) is matched to a hand sign. Key word signing uses Auslan signs. Auslan is the native language of the Australian Deaf community (Australian Sign Language).
- Lidcombe Program – a behavioral treatment for early childhood stuttering (typically ages 2-6 years).
- PODD – Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display – This resource provides detailed information and a range of templates and strategies to support the production and use of Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD) communication books in the child’s everyday life.
- Aided Language Stimulation – a communication strategy, where a communication partner teaches symbol meaning and models language by combining his or her own verbal input with selection of vocabulary on the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) system
- Dysphagia Disorders Survey (DDS), Dysphagia Management Staging Scale (DMSS), Choking Rating Scale (CRS), Pneumonia Rating Scale (PRS) – standardized screening and clinical evaluations for feeding and swallowing disorders in children and adults with developmental disabilities
- Cervical Auscultation – Swallowing assessment tool
- Positive Behaviour Support Qualifications
- Sounds Write – Literacy Program
- Lamp Words For Life Training
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – ADOS (Cammy Griffin is an approved administer for this assessment)
- Colourful Semantics
- Natural Language Aquisition